WELCOME TO YEAR 3/4!

The teacher in Year 3/4 is Mrs. Thompson. She is supported by Miss Hopkins during the morning sessions.

The topics for the second half of the Summer Term 2019 are Ancient Egyptians and World War Two.

The children used the EPIC board to plan these topics.

During the afternoons, they will complete Missions based on the topics.

HOMEWORK – 

Please bring your Learning Journal back to school for marking by Wednesday each week.

Please remember to return your reading book and Reading Record each Monday.

Class Routines

Monday

• Please bring a water bottle to school each Monday. This should be taken home for washing each Friday.
  • Please bring in your reading books and Reading Records on Monday.

Wednesday –

• Please bring your Learning Journals back for marking on Wednesday.

Friday –

• New Learning Journal Homework will be given out on Friday. Spelling words will be put in SEESAW portfolios.
  • Water bottles  should be taken home for washing on Friday.
  • PE kit.

C3D0E4FE-6F05-4111-90DE-F7794DB32B33

SEESAW

The Year 3/4 class are the school pioneers for SEESAW which shares what happens in class with parents via an app. Mrs. Thompson has undergone training and is a SEESAW Ambassador which means that she can train other teachers to use this wonderful tool.

If you have any questions about SEESAW, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Thompson.

I CAN ANIMATE

During the year we will be making stop frame animations in class using the iPads and an app. called “I can animate”.

A lite version of this app. is free to download from the Apple App Store. The full version (which we use in school) costs £2.29.

We use a gooseneck iPad holder that clips on to the table to keep the iPad stable. The stand is available on Ebay for under £5 including P&P.

If you would like any advice about this app. or the stand please feel free to speak to me before or after school and I will do my best to help!

img_8570             img_8571

Mrs. Thompson