Welcome to Year Six!

This term we are taking part in an exciting new project with other primary schools in the area as well as Gowerton Comprehensive School.

Homework

In addition to class work, pupils will also be expected to carry out work at home during the week. Homework will consist of topic related work and/ or numeracy and literacy work. After the success last year of giving children options on their homework tasks we have decided to proceed with this again this year.  In addition to this, pupils will be given weekly spellings to learn. These will be based on results from a recent spelling assessment

Learning Journals will need to be in school on Wednesdays. New homework will then be given out on Fridays. However, should anyone need more time to complete a task then please don’t hesitate in letting me know. A big effort will be made this year on presentation of work in class. I would be grateful if you could make sure that your child takes pride in the work that they do in their Learning Journals.

P.E.

P.E. lesson will take place on a Friday and Wednesday. Please ensure that your child has a suitable change of clothes in school on these days.

If you have any questions or concerns throughout the term, please do not hesitate see me. I look forward to a successful and enjoyable time with Year Six!

Kind regards,

Mr. D. Miller